The Oppressed Peoples of Philville2 is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 257 million Philville2ians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 44.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Philville2ian economy, worth 11.0 trillion kronor a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,659 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Group hugs break out during floor votes, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés, and evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Philville2's national animal is the penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Philville2 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Philville2 endorsed The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Following new legislation in Philville2, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
- : Following new legislation in Philville2, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Following new legislation in Philville2, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Philville2, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Philville2, the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs.
- : Philville2 was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Philville2 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Philville2, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
Endorsements Received: 78 » VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Wiranath, Pakitsk, Aivintis, Todd McCloud, Rainbow Vests, H-Zhena, The Eternal Land of Jong, Brotherland, Stellar Colonies, Staynes, Eudinity, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Asendavia, Ridann, Woodsind, Technocratic Tagalog, West Akhzaristan, Peoples Republic of GG, Chalan, Republic of Berzerkistan, Yharkal Bhanek, New Leganes, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Evrigenis, Oofery, The Militarius Imperium, Talitoa, BuciLand, Sokala, East Malaysia, Greater New Cassandra, Wisdoms and Knowledges, The Earth Systems Alliance, Liberstankonia, Modra, Filipopol, The Atlae Isles, ArenaC, Lanagon, Lundenia, Collective Individualism, Seri Tai Republic, Taurora, Terra Occulus, Iodinia, Impia Aghte, and 28 others.Kotawia, Libertanny, Flench, Korktopia, CheeseBurrito, Interdimensional Waifus, Unger under over, Belora Gyles, Elejamie, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, The Empire of Rijelv, Kaigi, Calmarya, Plazland, Dark Edgyness, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Under Sea Desert, Tseriesiscoming, United China Nation, Roliganistan, Adioration, A mean old man, Federated States of Zootron, The United Neo American Union, A Slanted Black Stripe, Didusland, CopyCato, and Nevertopia.