The Republic of Phoeba is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 779 million Phoebans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 18.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Phoeban economy, worth 56.1 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,009 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, Phoeba has designated Phoeba City as its capital city, women have a strange proclivity for dressing up as caped weasels, and baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phoeba's national animal is the mynah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phoeba was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Mireze.
- : Phoeba's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Phoeba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Phoeba was endorsed by The Dominion of Lazarene Ryccia.
- : Phoeba was endorsed by The Blessed Kingdom of Custadia.
- : Phoeba was endorsed by The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : Phoeba's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Phoeba was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Phoeba applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Phoeba, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward.