The Republic of Phoenixesia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 599 million Phoenixesians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 77.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Phoenixesian economy, worth 51.5 trillion Phoenixes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,016 Phoenixes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's, and occupational wage levels are based on a crumpled napkin authored by a legendary Phoenixesia City bus driver. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phoenixesia's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phoenixesia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Phoenixesia was endorsed by The Queendom of Merevane.
- : Phoenixesia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Terreno Travato.
- : Phoenixesia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Corporis Doctrina.
- : Phoenixesia was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Phoenixesia was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Eirun Sol.
- : Following new legislation in Phoenixesia, occupational wage levels are based on a crumpled napkin authored by a legendary Phoenixesia City bus driver.
- : Following new legislation in Phoenixesia, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's.
- : Phoenixesia was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Phoenixesia, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
Endorsements Received: 102 » Qvait, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Hanguk-Nippon, Holy Free, Jehenna, Sabrestan, Kervanosia, Erinor, Bawkie, Farengeto, Mapico, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Rabbitz, Kringalia, Bleakfoot, Crystal Creation, Corgitopiaa, PenguinPies, Madreia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sophiana, Techganet, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Luddinlande, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Solar System Scope, Anserisa, Courletnia, Volaworand, Curlyhoward, Tsunamy, Escanval, Wehraboos, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Yeldarbsland, Tsvetania, Japanese Federal Republic, GI-Land, Steampunk Engineers, Qawe, Beepee, Seliyan progressive Islands, Tridem, Noire Denholm, RestartAll, Ralphburg, and 52 others.Marinho Islands, Abarri, Compli, Oreo States, West Pastafaria, Lana Rity, Sumalyo, Starsight, Baltenlands, Itani, Markla, Shefino, Eskvenn, The Worst army of, ChickenDome, Kandorith, Auphelia, Royaltica, The Radanivans, Nowa Europa, Weburya, Nova Kobol, Well F, United States of Vietnam, Tepertopia, Purple Hyacinth, New Briantown, Vincent Field, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kedjens, Midand, Concrete Slab, Whimichy, Andinla, Myness, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Catillos, B H A R A T, Avia Lavanda, Djalia, Namhines, Coadjuthen, Gecetesse, HOUSE AHSANUL, Eirun Sol, Ebonhand, Terreno Travato, Merevane, and Phanama.