|Faith||The Big Pine|
The Democratic Republic of Pinenses is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Redcats with a fair hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.56 billion Pinensesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pinus Superanum. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Pinenses economy, worth 430 trillion genovinoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is 94,497 genovinoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Pinus Superanum for fear of causing a fuss, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown. Pinenses's national animal is the Quokka, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Big Pine.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pinenses, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Pinenses was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Pinenses was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Pinenses was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Pinenses endorsed The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Pinenses endorsed The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Pinenses endorsed The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Following new legislation in Pinenses, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Pinenses was endorsed by The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Pinenses was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Walfo, Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Super Happy Land, The Champions League, Meropis, Galway-Dublin, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, The Seven Provinces, Northern German Federation, Owlograd, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Ausvelt, Leranditale, Yahlia, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dauershire, Viktorias, Outer Sparta, Shaor, Republic of Satherland, Lieges, The New Nordic Union, Rivierenland, Dark Matter, Irminsulia, Abject Ludicrosity, St Scarlett, North of Americas, Regnum Italiae, Nuweland, Jim the Baptist, Enway, Migurson, Wessex and Cornwall, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, GanymedEuropa, Someseni, Destyntine, Nardin, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, and 10 others.Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Valtrona, Continental Social Democrats, Apabeossie, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Gliesetonia, Zulrich, and En Hassik.