The Republic of Podnogami is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its burgeoning porpoise population. The quiet, industrious population of 798 million Podnogamians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 18.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Podnogamian economy, worth 33.9 trillion florins a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,479 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Podnogami's national animal is the porpoise.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Podnogami's influence in Kaiser Might rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Podnogami's influence in Kaiser Might rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Podnogami's influence in Kaiser Might rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Podnogami resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Podnogami's influence in Kaiser Might rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Podnogami relocated from Frozen Circle to Kaiser Might.
- : Podnogami endorsed The Republic of 26th Frenchy Division.
- : Podnogami was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Podnogami applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Podnogami relocated from Balder to Frozen Circle.