The People's Republic of Podria in Forest is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 379 million Podria in Forestians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Podria in Forestian economy, worth 2.61 trillion labour credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Retail. Average income is 6,879 labour credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Podria in Forest's national animal is the serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Podria in Forest was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Podria in Forest's influence in Forest rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Podria in Forest's influence in Forest rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Podria in Forest was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Podria in Forest's influence in Forest rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Podria in Forest relocated from The West Pacific to Forest.
- : Podria in Forest altered its national flag.
- : Podria in Forest was founded in The West Pacific.