The Federal Republic of Poiston is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 478 million Poiyans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Hawkford. The average income tax rate is 41.7%.
The all-consuming Poistonian economy, worth 42.6 trillion Poiston Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 89,100 Poiston Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', artists are pillars of society, and Tourism facilities are being turned into Kererū habitats. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poiston's national animal is the Kererū, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, Tourism facilities are being turned into Kererū habitats.
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Poiston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Poiston voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs.
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship.
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion.
- : Following new legislation in Poiston, the best-of-the-best athletes have been replaced by the best-of-the-mediocre.
Endorsements Received: 43 » BearStackof2015, Davelands, Axdel, Fedele, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Hizuru, VW53Aland, Wiranath, Tim Stark, Pakitsk, Izonno, Roissyland, Todd McCloud, Ravendi, Bachtendekuppen, VoyKovie, LewisWorld, Adavan, Agonya, Guthra, Abadong, Acheronn, Airrajul, America Mjolnir, Analon, Avalon Ascendancy, Amansteria, Aeljae, Aleister, Funkadelia, Akorial, Kilkire, Adolanta, Abtracnt, Talitoa, Brotherland, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Ridann, The United Neo American Union, Aelitia, Opossum Slayer, and Kangarawa.