|Leader||a confederacy of regional allotments|
|Animal||avian lost in wilderness|
The Genethief Society of Polis Diamonil is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by a confederacy of regional allotments with an even hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, compulsory vegetarianism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 2.664 billion peacock gryphons are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Conceptual Metagenographics. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming avian economy, worth 265 trillion Litherusk Doves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 99,778 Litherusk Doves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Programmers often reinvent the wheel, soldiers find that home gadgets and power tools are more effective as improvised weapons than the guns they've been issued, money can't buy love but mercy is entirely negotiable, and the nation refuses to provide international aid. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Polis Diamonil's national animal is the avian lost in wilderness, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Polis Diamonil published "Issue #175 Request: Let Me Criminalize Adultery by Individuals in Positions of Organizational Leadership" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Zintroth Revivalist Painting Group Officiates Threefold Contemplation Gathering" (Account: Culture).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Policy Research Institute Proposes Health as General Intensifier" (Account: Science).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Entropist Proposal Criticized as "Brute Force Medicine"" (Account: Science).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Austere Low Fantasy Genre Blooms in Diamonil" (Account: Culture).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Psychohistography, 1" (Meta: Reference).
- : Polis Diamonil published ""Life continues when the measurements break," Published by Peacock Gryphoness" (Account: Culture).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Competing Healthcare Directorships: Decentralized Socialism in Medicine" (Factbook: Economy).
- : Polis Diamonil published "This Game's Concept of Anti-Authoritarian Violence is Deeply Flawed" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Polis Diamonil published "Demographic Fluctuations Intensify Conflict Over "Entropist" Healthcare Proposal" (Account: Other).