The Queen's State of Pontes Valley is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 25.847 billion Pontes Valleyians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, although Defense and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 5.6%.
The strong Pontes Valleyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,190 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 46,072 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and Pontes Valley is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pontes Valley's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Pontes Valley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market.
- : Pontes Valley relocated from Balder to The Philippines.
- : Pontes Valley was refounded in Balder.
- : Pontes Valley ceased to exist in The Philippines.
- : Pontes Valley was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.