The Queen's State of Pontes Valley is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 24.492 billion Pontes Valleyians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, with Defense and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 5.8%.
The strong Pontes Valleyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,104 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 45,106 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and Pontes Valley is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pontes Valley's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pontes Valley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Pontes Valley's influence in The Philippines rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Pontes Valley relocated from Indonesia to The Philippines.
- : Pontes Valley's influence in Indonesia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".