|Leader||God-Emperor Bulluk XIV|
|Animal||Holy Banana Lord|
The Empire of Pontusia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by God-Emperor Bulluk XIV with an iron fist, and renowned for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 7.497 billion Pontusians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lambgrad. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Pontusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,735 trillion Shekels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 231,528 Shekels, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,140,470 per year while the poor average 2,443, a ratio of 876 to 1.
Black tea is only available on the black market, money grows on trees, freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pontusia's national animal is the Holy Banana Lord, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Zoroastrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink.
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, money grows on trees.
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, black tea is only available on the black market.
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art.
- : Pontusia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, neighbourhood gossips whip up controversy about those receiving adult merchandise.
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, luxury condos have arisen from the ashes of demolished houses of worship.
- : Following new legislation in Pontusia, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares.
- : Pontusia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Runegeist, Gorzi, Reatilber Soclistice, Fredonion, Fliesa, Josephtan, Heisenbee, Tyranogorgon, Angea, Serbianistan, Of NUGE, Jatma, Corsoaua, HELLLLL, The Evile Empire, Davnar, Middle Papillon, Ascendancy of Heria, and Mazamason.