The United Socialist States of PRNZ is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 272 million Kiwis enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 65.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant a Kiwi economy, worth 3.24 trillion Gamer Buxes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 11,929 Gamer Buxes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Kiwi, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PRNZ's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : PRNZ was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : PRNZ's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : PRNZ was endorsed by The Queer Confederation of Oh my god it is so hard to find a name.
- : PRNZ was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : PRNZ was endorsed by The Shahdom of Siriza.
- : PRNZ was endorsed by The Free Land of Varavano.
- : Following new legislation in PRNZ, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : PRNZ was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in PRNZ, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Following new legislation in PRNZ, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Gallo Republic, Venovica, Maupedonia, Silverfish37, Proxmire, Qingling, Dekks, Liossalde, The Pirotian Republic, AtlasBarfed, Mauvemarke, Varavano, Siriza, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, and PS Suisse.