The Federal Republic of Purple Ruthenia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Federal President with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.077 billion Purple Ruthenians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fioletovogrod. The average income tax rate is 32.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Purple Ruthenian economy, worth 106 trillion Koronas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 99,188 Koronas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Fioletovogrod for fear of causing a fuss, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power, and religious terrorism is considered to be an Act of God by insurance companies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Purple Ruthenia's national animal is the Mallard Duck, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is -none-.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, religious terrorism is considered to be an Act of God by insurance companies.
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power.
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Fioletovogrod for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Purple Ruthenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Purple Ruthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
- : Following new legislation in Purple Ruthenia, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops.
- : Purple Ruthenia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
Endorsements Received: 167 » Precisely Nothing, Raghallaigh, South Eastern Centralia, Mancheseva City, Eloscape, Murden, Lastovipol, Voxum Mortalum, Pirataria, Old Aweic Wirs, Gooblaria, Lethen, Benthamania, Aexnidaral, Free Rosabell, Ipsonasia, Paulotzia, Arvigiel, Genistan, United Kingdoms of Redania, Le Libertia, Arqhua, Polgaria, Dat Countreh, United-Marrshmallows, Purgitz, Trackeendy, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Poquaoi, Tital Mania, Brickfield, Twilight Ways, Prosa, Off God Islands, Avendia, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Clialaad, Acapais, Nesshhinn, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Liberepublia, Elaeria, Ouardeheya, Desrouleaux, Emastalia, Salxeburg, Beriwen, and 117 others.Serpahima, Bellcon, New Peoples Empire, Dirauti, Gabingston, Darostar, New Sickled, Mikkazuki, Betelguesa, Seventeen Islands, Trollfaceia, Illangdonall, Perunya, Liveropolis, Federal Republic of Respondia, Teutonic Kaiserreich, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Gvunaz, Saarland-Niederbayern, Morongia, Xerialist, Igueranel, Winnak, Zangc, Utopian Earth, Havenwelle, Mousa Liberty, Re Haiastan, Mediocrea, Lusitania and Britannia, Former Raxhiria, Uniarq, Upper Prestina, Sparhawkia, Ikheria, Zakanda, Sevanorea, Andradus, Spirtannia, Neo Krip, Greelgang, Darizaa, Merigold, Vaioretta, The Lost Men, Chungus World, Greenburgland, Asian Hatia, Cortlandt Manor, Asticus, Tyanelia, Taskete, Xuxetu, Abassyia, Saarkon, Anachnu, Bethania, Union Lysk, Mutualist American Republics, Astervania, Vlazinova, Kroll Union, Sophos Saltus, Eumenides, Caleban, Pyrhus, Tapolkson, Akeland, Muertio, Greatnessity City, Moldovenia, Yugarritia, Thurston, Envielle, Crepeplace, The Tugboat Complex, The United Peoples of Centrism, Coulthos, Gendwana, Lurinsk, Ajaccino, Sellsur, Lloenflys, Fox-Wolf Unions, Almendron, Deathfall, Estingberg, Caffeinated, Cyberian States, Masograd Region, Coloamerica, Koroniti, Corovos, The Dutch SouthEast India Company, Grantsylvania, Ramalia Shanatopian, Geber Badz, Eastern Guitaloscialand, Tassaland, Windmill, ZOO288, Fionima, Montpitol, Trizkobinad, Coaism, Otron, Urduvan Sultanate, Kingdom of Stargard, Free French Normandy, Elcra, WashLincoln, Algamonzimt, Novamexia 3, Travislavania, Androxis, Shizouka, and Baobab-Bumbaria.