The Republic of Quail Empire is a huge, safe nation, notable for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 327 million Quail Empireans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 55.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Quail Empirean economy, worth 23.3 trillion Quails a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,203 Quails, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards, and citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quail Empire's national animal is the Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
- : Quail Empire was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The Gold Santa Egg Republic of Evrigenis.
- : Quail Empire lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Liberstankonia, Brotherland, Greater New Cassandra, VW53Aland, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Lingu, Libertanny, Lanagon, Pakitsk, Elejamie, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, Bai Lung, Flench, United China Nation, Federated States of Zootron, A Slanted Black Stripe, Davinhia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Kangarawa, Rainbow Vests, Freedom Fascists, Dragonia, Rhealaliit, Headpat Central, Kaigi, Lyontisia, Mays Austrian Nation, New Leganes, Socialist Holy American Empire, Tretrid, Harro Waarudho, Trimmania, A mean old man, Goodnamesarerare, Propwash, Adolanta, CopyCato, La xinga, Unger under over, Federal Republic of Hetacia, Interdimensional Waifus, Ridann, ReeK, East Malaysia, Soirwren, and 14 others.BearStackof2015, Adavan, Drunken Seal Islands, Someseni, Kalaratri, Santa Dystopia, The Empire of Rijelv, Sansangra, Survivoristan, Talitoa, BTProductions, Am Echad, Evrigenis, and Coruh.