The People's Republic of Quanzo is a small, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 29 million Quanzoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 62.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling Quanzoan economy, worth 562 billion quanzos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 19,412 quanzos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, unpopular politicians are often caught between a rock and a hard place, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes, and hospitals have to sell their computers on vBay in order to afford the ransomware decryption payments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quanzo's national animal is the frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quanzo proposed constructing embassies between Quanzo and Galacticus Roleplaying region.
- : Following new legislation in Quanzo, hospitals have to sell their computers on vBay in order to afford the ransomware decryption payments.
- : Following new legislation in Quanzo, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes.
- : Quanzo's influence in Quanzo fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Quanzo endorsed The Empire of The Greatest Place.
- : Quanzo withdrew its endorsement from The Empire of The Greatest Place.
- : Quanzo agreed to construct embassies between Quanzo and Region Against Region Against Conch KIng.
- : Quanzo agreed to construct embassies between Quanzo and Galacticus.
- : Quanzo proposed constructing embassies between Quanzo and Black hawks.
- : Quanzo suppressed a post on the Quanzo Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.