The Most Serene Republic of Raelsa is a massive, safe nation, ruled by John Doe with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.152 billion Raelsans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bonalon. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Raelsan economy, worth 115 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,830 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, and the government-sponsored autobiography 'A John Doe For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of John Doe's supporters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Raelsa's national animal is the Kookaburra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, the government-sponsored autobiography 'A John Doe For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of John Doe's supporters.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Raelsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Duxburian Union".
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, getting an abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Erinor, Xandev, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Quiescent, Tsunamy, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Land Without Shrimp, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Barabarom, Aidenfieeld, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Hanguk-Nippon, Pays de Loire, Tsvetania, North Baltind, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Farengeto, Great Africans, The Solar System Scope, Negoshi, Saciu, La Patente, Spearos, Rebel-topia, Qvait, Beepee, Ana Asdiarcia, State of Iowa, Dasko, Jehenna, Zaelith, Republic Clovakh, Sayet, Soem, Vincent Field, Ariankido, Abarri, Crystal Creation, Antarctic Empires, Srevana, Jennaterra, North Prarie, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Imperial Duck, and 35 others.The Bay, New Briantown, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Darakin, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Samogitija, Qawe, Astraee, Wyatonians, Malonereich, Bear Connors Paradiso, Yeldarbsland, Far Nolinki, Tilipria, Jaxon, Realms of Madness, The naked people, Treesil, Cohors Stercore, Eigenina, Nueva Alta California, Madreia, Idylce, Earth Orbit, The Shining Purple Light, and Hapia Godororland.