The Most Serene Republic of Raelsa is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by John Doe with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 2.312 billion Raelsans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bonalon. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Raelsan economy, worth 242 trillion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 104,977 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bargain hunters descend on disaster zones for a quick spot of grocery shopping, museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", and the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Raelsa's national animal is the Kookaburra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Common Sense.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Empire of B H A R A T.
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Republic of Catillos.
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Federal Republic of White Bananistan.
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Myness.
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Psychological Care.
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Empire of Andinla.
- : Raelsa was endorsed by The Mighty Building Material of Concrete Slab.
- : Raelsa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Raelsa, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
Endorsements Received: 79 » Crystal Creation, Tsunamy, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Amerion, Barabarom, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, Mapico, Madreia, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Bizzie, The Tecorogan Federation, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, West Pastafaria, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, PenguinPies, Great Scapula, Farengeto, Kringalia, Barokah, Anserisa, Phanama, Weburya, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Eskvenn, Jehenna, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Our Lord and Savior Ting, Rabbitz, Sedunn, Beepee, Melicorium, Ebonhand, Holy Free, Elan Sleazebaganno, Jimburna, Merevane, Tridem, Eggraria, Marinho Islands, Compli, Starsight, Shefino, The Worst army of, and 29 others.Kandorith, Auphelia, NganXuan, Corgitopiaa, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, The Radanivans, Baltenlands, ChickenDome, West Fallows, Nowa Europa, Well F, Rhetiaa, United States of Vietnam, Purple Hyacinth, New Briantown, Sandaoguo, Ralphburg, Ovkianos, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kedjens, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Myness, White Bananistan, Catillos, and B H A R A T.