The Confederacy of Rakscovia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Boris Rakov with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.227 billion Rakscovians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valdannia. The average income tax rate is 61.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Rakscovian economy, worth 158 trillion Reibles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 129,297 Reibles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, only adults may purchase violent video games, and a five-year-old and a convicted terrorist can sit alongside one another in jury service. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rakscovia's national animal is the Red Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Eastern Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rakscovia, a five-year-old and a convicted terrorist can sit alongside one another in jury service.
- : Rakscovia's influence in Balugata fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Rakscovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Rakscovia changed its national nation type to "Confederacy".
- : Following new legislation in Rakscovia, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Following new legislation in Rakscovia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Rakscovia, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Rakscovia lodged a message on the Balugata Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Rakscovia, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns.
- : Rakscovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Forensics Accord".