The Free Land of Ratoninburg is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 761 million Ratoninburgians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kitticity. The average income tax rate is 65.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Ratoninburgian economy, worth 75.8 trillion puns a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,545 puns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and billions of puns are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ratoninburg's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ratoninburg was endorsed by The Giga Reich of Ariankido.
- : Ratoninburg endorsed The Hold Onto Your Biscuits of Aumeltopia.
- : Ratoninburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy".
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, billions of puns are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, credit scores fluctuate wildly with every change of government.
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, posing for pictures is an integral part of military training.
- : Following new legislation in Ratoninburg, the tobacco industry has burnt out.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Quiescent, Erinor, Volaworand, Saciu, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Awjan, Hanguk-Nippon, Concrete Slab, Anachronolandia, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, Maletora, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, State of Iowa, Wyatonians, Akindom, Farengeto, The Filippinas, Xandev, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Agalaesia, Darakin, The United Expanse, Churumduul, Chocholand, Upper Tyrconnel, Choodox, Mew Nation, Jehenna, Roavin, Qawe, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Naam, Tsvetania, Ufask, Theorin, Pays de Loire, Negoshi, Qvait, and 8 others.Phanama, Nova Montron, Dasko, Escevola, United Federated States of Omega, P R of China, GI-Land, and Ariankido.