The Kingdom of Ratulia is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Liryk I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, smutty television, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic population of 759 million Ratulians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rykul. The average income tax rate is 59.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ratulian economy, worth 53.4 trillion Ratuls a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Retail, and Trout Farming. Average income is 70,387 Ratuls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Liryk I has just been declared ruler of Ratulia in an international press conference, Liryk I's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil, high school principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and the aphorism "there's no need to argue" has been dismissed by Ratulians. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ratulia's national animal is the Cardinal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ratulia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Ratulia relocated from Caer Sidi to Monarchist Federation.
- : Ratulia endorsed The Glittery Fantasy Land of Aynia Moreaux.
- : Ratulia relocated from Forest to Caer Sidi.
- : Following new legislation in Ratulia, the aphorism "there's no need to argue" has been dismissed by Ratulians.
- : Following new legislation in Ratulia, high school principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school.
- : Following new legislation in Ratulia, Liryk I's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil.
- : Ratulia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Ratulia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Ratulia changed its national leader to "Liryk I".