|Leader||Marshal James Yoast|
The Federation of Recon Island is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Marshal James Yoast with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.853 billion Recon Islandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wheatland. The average income tax rate is 11.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Recon Islandian economy, worth 319 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 172,598 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Vanity is the constant enemy of dignity, recorded music can be rented but not bought from record companies, the path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment, and traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Recon Island's national animal is the Coyote, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Recon Island was endorsed by The Fabled Republic of Wischland.
- : Recon Island was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tausend Seen.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, the path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, recorded music can be rented but not bought from record companies.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, vanity is the constant enemy of dignity.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM.
- : Recon Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Recon Island was endorsed by The Confederacy of The Assembly of Awesomeness.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, blasphemers and government critics often die in very unusual and unlikely accidents.
Endorsements Received: 102 » Valentian Elysium, Colonel Terrosit, Solarampa, Zeganas, Wysrod, Ascended Union, A R V E R N A, Karlando, Republic of Libriano, BRVTOPIA, Airday, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Greenmont Federation, Isentran, Anollasia, Iontan, Chip Skylark, Northern Nivaria, Johnne Green, Kaltovar, Eazykillerstan, West Whale, Hellenic Exusia, The Republic of Osea, Amabanana, The Soylent Green Party, City of Saint Nicolas, Vill Send, Medetas, A Country Run by Scientists, Evertopia, Liberdon, Dustwind, Andaristiva, Vivolkha, Drewish, Ferte, Calrad, Creeptopia, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, Islands of Czechia, Eppur, Marxist Germany, Solsevara, HumanSanity, Blogotopia, and 52 others.Tzo, Keswickholt, Makykay, Galimania, Hohenzollern-Habsburg, The unidet Of life, Nea Komnenia, Skamor, Namakan, Free Fremovanja, Prairiesora, Santa Pace, St Lennys Island, Dans Gres, Ner Epiand, Pianaville, United States of Island land, Ignis Cinere, Rhie, New Non, Clialaad, Megistos, Ilfarasia, Maconshinbernititte, Ali Faridi, Ardelenia, Slaughter Machine, Nuremburgia, Onfande, Mauryana, Holma, Venmere, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Miliarat, Grug Village, Donnee, Ludens Sapiens, Silvedania, Greater Puptioneberadon, The Cheese Puff Islands, Testa, Batona, Carthegia, Elfore, Mat She, Geolapo, Krystalveil, Lisokyo, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Tausend Seen, and Wischland.