|Currency||William Wallace of SCOTLAND|
The Kingdom of Reformed Capitalist Scotland is a huge, genial nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 412 million Scots enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 50.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Scotch economy, worth 34.5 trillion William Wallaces of SCOTLAND a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,693 William Wallaces of SCOTLAND, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nations that kill a Scot can expect a strongly worded letter, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare. Crime is totally unknown. Reformed Capitalist Scotland's national animal is the Wild Haggis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Reformed Capitalist Scotland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Reformed Capitalist Scotland, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Reformed Capitalist Scotland endorsed The Republic of Kiamai.
- : Reformed Capitalist Scotland lodged a message on the Ascenthia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Reformed Capitalist Scotland, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Reformed Capitalist Scotland, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti.
- : Following new legislation in Reformed Capitalist Scotland, nations that kill a Scot can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Reformed Capitalist Scotland's influence in Ascenthia rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Reformed Capitalist Scotland was endorsed by The United federation of New istenia.
- : Reformed Capitalist Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Serbskin, Laurennia, Garialdi, Kovano, The Lesbian Democratic Federation, Kenche Gle, Hylaea, Kuren okoku, Cheesecakeastan, People that may be here, Neo Angel, Prozerus, Empire of Freedom, Dumoschia, Relkadia, Norwenia, Republic of the Nickys, Teaburg, Sparkling Water, Oceanies, Alexandria People Commune, Polygonia, Aloxia, Four Sicilys, Cortapatia, Antonym Islands, The Goof, Aurelian Arsonists, Praxinia, Vikanias, Oskanae, WOoloo Unitedstrtes, The Russian Genociders, New Hallowcastle, Dependants, Rawlivic, and New istenia.