|Leader||Dogeza Verdiana Costa|
The United Provinces of Republica de Medici is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dogeza Verdiana Costa with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, frequent executions, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.2 billion Medicianoes are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lários. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Mediciano economy, worth 982 trillion Bávars a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 189,012 Bávars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,019,755 per year while the poor average 18,180, a ratio of 56.1 to 1.
Mediciano scientists are mixing chewing tobacco with bacon flavouring in an attempt to craft the perfect male snack, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, card collectors duel to the death, and clandestine emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Republica de Medici's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Republica de Medici published "Médici - Geografia - (WIP)" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Republica de Medici's influence in Novo Brasil rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Republica de Medici was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Republica de Medici lodged a message on the Novo Brasil Regional Message Board.