The Republic of Respendon is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 908 million Respendonians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The relatively small, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 19.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Respendonian economy, worth 47.0 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 51,736 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, Respendon recently decided against having a capital city, the nation is completely gun-free, and glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Respendon's national animal is the Ducar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Respendon's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Respendon was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Respendon ceased to exist in New Western Empire.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Shogunate of New Suternia.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Federation of Ravennog.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Imperial Meme of Angea.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Federation of Equinoctial States.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Democratic States of Josephtan.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Respendon was endorsed by The Utopia of Nikosan.