The Jingoistic States of Rhothstan is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Volker Böhm with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, national health service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.595 billion Rhothstanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lugerhagen. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rhothstanian economy, worth 131 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 82,289 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Volker Böhm has more friends than ever before, public shaming has become the favoured form of punishment, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, and international trade can be a pain to deal with. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rhothstan's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rhothstan endorsed The Matriarchy of Veterans Association.
- : Rhothstan was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Veterans Association.
- : Rhothstan endorsed The 15 States of Fellon.
- : Rhothstan was endorsed by The 15 States of Fellon.
- : Rhothstan endorsed The Democratic Republic of Tierra Fuego.
- : Rhothstan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tierra Fuego.
- : Following new legislation in Rhothstan, international trade can be a pain to deal with.
- : Following new legislation in Rhothstan, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Rhothstan, public shaming has become the favoured form of punishment.
- : Following new legislation in Rhothstan, Volker Böhm has more friends than ever before.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Pakitsk, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, Marrabuk, Asendavia, Staynes, A mean old man, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Merlovich, Greater New Cassandra, Tretrid, Ridann, New Leganes, Rainbow Vests, Coruh, Oofery, BuciLand, FreedomIand, Acronis, Wallenburg, The Three States of Fortuna, Republic of Berzerkistan, Tassirion, Debluu, Axdel, ArenaC, ReReReRepublic, Republoslavia, Azureano, Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Arunika, BearStackof2015, Lorrana, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, North Bernia, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Enlil, Jove Mahmo, The Kulaata Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Nevertopia, Pirnovo, From New World, and 4 others.Eagle Crest, Tierra Fuego, Fellon, and Veterans Association.