|Leader||Grand Duke Willem-Christoffel the Fourth|
|Animal||Rivienlander yellow warbler|
The Grand Duchy of Rivienland is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Grand Duke Willem-Christoffel the Fourth with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, fear of technology, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 5.394 billion Rivienlanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hindeveen. The average income tax rate is 68.3%.
The all-consuming Rivienlandian economy, worth 314 trillion Rivenlander guilders a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,387 Rivenlander guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, and thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rivienland's national animal is the Rivienlander yellow warbler, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rivienland was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing.
- : Rivienland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, you can tell when Rivienlanders are being snarky by the fact their lips are moving.
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Rivienland, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Frieden-und Freudenland, Hyon Delta, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Garbelia, Alcantaria, Candlewhisper Archive, The Most Serene Republicans, Reannia, Simbolon, Atsvea, Gorthias, Effazio, Kawastyselir, Love and Nature, Terrabod, Canaltia, Window Land, Ironic Remarks, Cuillin, The Void Territories, Ancorai, Uan aa Boa, Feladria, The Cypher Nine, Novian Republics, Roless, Uniania Geeth, Blon Gre, Verdant Haven, Artemis, Lura, The Long Valley, Crowacia, The Black Forrest, Kepler-0085, Norginlajicratefe, Cat-Herders United, Bananaistan, Taco Respublic, Ziotah and Riverside, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Chilledsville, Daarwyrth, East Stederland, Tscharva, Anachronolandia, Hoochlandia, and 15 others.Litauengrad, Eryndlynd, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Zinguanaville, Bregaria, Edible Plywood, New Ladavia, Forgotten Beauty, Ashrah, Myuscao, Dasche, Foir, Doxstern, Ordealius, and Jutsa.