|Capital||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Leader||Captain Arthur Henry Rostron|
The Sailing Savior of RMS Carpathia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Captain Arthur Henry Rostron with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.375 billion Carpathians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The average income tax rate is 17.7%.
The strong Carpathian economy, worth 534 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 72,422 pounds, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
The "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, there's no weight to modern politics, and all restaurants close before dinner time. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. RMS Carpathia's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : RMS Carpathia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : RMS Carpathia altered its national flag.
- : RMS Carpathia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- : RMS Carpathia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : RMS Carpathia ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : RMS Carpathia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : RMS Carpathia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : RMS Carpathia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in RMS Carpathia, all restaurants close before dinner time.
- : Following new legislation in RMS Carpathia, there's no weight to modern politics.