|Leader||Emperor Ioannis IV|
|Faith||Eastern Orthodox Christianity|
The Imperia of Romaian is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Ioannis IV with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.952 billion Romaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Defense, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinoupoli. The average income tax rate is 37.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Romaian economy, worth a remarkable 1,867 trillion Lire a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 208,665 Lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Romaian, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, and pros are the new cons. Crime is totally unknown. Romaian's national animal is the Double-headed eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Romaian was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Romaian's influence in Estaria rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Romaian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.