The Confederacy of Rufuina is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 863 million Rufuinans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 33.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Rufuinan economy, worth 44.7 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 51,740 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Sections of the police receive paramilitary training, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, colonial citizens are forced to sing the praise of the "Great Rufuinan Liberator", and the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rufuina's national animal is the honey badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Rufuina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The Free Land of United Rocky Top.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Horn of Havenkaap.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The Republic of Virgoliaendorses.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The N-Day Noob of Oofery.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Rufuina was endorsed by The Grand Vizier of Dragons Blood.
- : Rufuina lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
Endorsements Received: 22 » VW53Aland, Lingu, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, Liberstankonia, The Three States of Fortuna, New Leganes, Asendavia, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Libertanny, A mean old man, BuciLand, Evrigenis, Modra, Dragons Blood, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Ephem, and Flying Snow.