The Jocular Julian Jubilee of Ruinenlust is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Rex Silvae with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 8.594 billion Lustres hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dendropolis. The average income tax rate is 35.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ruinenlustian economy, worth a remarkable 1,661 trillion Runes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 193,317 Runes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, Flying Squirrel is one of the most popular forenames in Ruinenlust, orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step, and crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ruinenlust's national animal is the Flying Squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, Flying Squirrel is one of the most popular forenames in Ruinenlust.
- : Ruinenlust voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Ruinenlust voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Ruinenlust lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Ruinenlust published "In a few words..." (Factbook: Geography).
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Ruinenlust was endorsed by The Mysterious black hole of Roless.
- : Ruinenlust endorsed The Mysterious black hole of Roless.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Ransium, Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Frieden-und Freudenland, Velkia and the Islands, Candlewhisper Archive, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, The Cypher Nine, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Love and Nature, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Wantevolo, Vanenia, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Ordand, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Kinectia, Bananaistan, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, The Righteous Order of Youth, Bregaria, Euso, Lura, Crowacia, Greyveldt, Shauls, and 36 others.Rippardine, Murmuria, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Snjor, Fahx, Blon Gre, Ashrah, Marimoland, Krisylia, Porth Dunwich, Spengland et South Toiwan, Bilsa, Appendia, Effazio, Oregone, Burkhai, Bakwaas, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Middle Barael, Pen Blanityion, Haaparanta, Deontologia, Groenwald, New Ladavia, McClandia Doge 2, Atsvea, Tscharva, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Bestburg, Talgarth, PD Kuykendall, Alcantaria, and Roless.