The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its smutty television, infamous sell-swords, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, humorless population of 16.443 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 2,877 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 174,973 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, and only adults may purchase violent video games. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Chosen Undead's Republic of FROMSOFTWARE.
- : Runegeist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Runegeist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Runegeist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Runegeist's influence in New Western Empire rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing.
- : Runegeist's influence in New Western Empire fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
Endorsements Received: 56 » Angea, Gorzi, Josephtan, Ormantum, Reatilber Soclistice, Salanernterthwazva, Tyranogorgon, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, VichyFrance, Zelkia, Venkara, Yuthorin, The United Empire States, Zalodia, Rupp, Leverestia, Norddriki, Zokada, Balkan Vojvodina, Valltoria, Of NUGE, Metania-Sol, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Fliesa, Silvaterrana, Carter Land, Ardedezarist, Fredonion, Bawnnmore, Pontusia, Heisenbee, ZOO288, Secular Soverign Republics, American Kingships, Coloniesia, Ierna, Jatma, Eitteri, Concol, Corsoaua, Siokania, Davnar, HELLLLL, Dasnar, Turkmennoland, Wad Thelan Sysky 1, Middle Papillon, and 6 others.The Evile Empire, Ascendancy of Heria, Mazamason, Freedomist fighters, Oceania-America, and FROMSOFTWARE.