The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, prohibition of alcohol, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, humorless population of 14.73 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 2,234 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 151,676 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum, and large areas of Runegeist are not accessible by the public. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, large areas of Runegeist are not accessible by the public.
- : Runegeist was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Kingdom of Super Bass.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Kingdom of Silva Arsia.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Federation of Progeria.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Kingdom of Super Bass.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Commonwealth of Of Refugees.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Angea, Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Big Boys Woolies, The Evile Empire, Bietzopolis, Pac Viridion, Gliesetonia, Josephtan, Ormantum, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Salanernterthwazva, Ritterdorf, Tyranogorgon, Banana Man154, Empire of Bentopia, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Tibus Heth, Communaccord, The United States of Columbia, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, Barlonatar, El Reyno Mexicano, VichyFrance, Jersatia, Agerica, Pollariaua, Deaul Paka, Zelkia, MacPublic, Venkara, Skieg Plos, Yuthorin, Livre Republica de Sao Paulo, The United Empire States, Prometheum, Zalodia, Palancia, Trischoczlovakia, Abbasian, Geronticus, Rupp, Fenrirs Land, Javatelania, Peacefalia, Leverestia, Brib Sillonoming, and 21 others.NerdSWMDC, Norddriki, Far Rivia Hilolak, Zokada, Hsime, Fiwchuk, Miskit, BrazilSky, Huehuecoyotlicio, Tobosarsk, Cannitopia, Balkan Vojvodina, South Ourense, Normadwood, Prunaria, Valltoria, Thievesland, Nirobie, Ierna, Progeria, and Super Bass.