The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its teetotalling pirates, prohibition of alcohol, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 15.982 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 2,777 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 173,809 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers, it's a long jump to get onto the housing ladder, and voting is voluntary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Federation of Concol.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Federal Republic of British Charlevia.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, voting is voluntary.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Democratic Republic of Liberty Groves.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Liberty Groves.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, it's a long jump to get onto the housing ladder.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- : Runegeist's influence in New Western Empire rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, graffiti graces every city's streets.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Angea, Baconbacon123, Gorzi, The Evile Empire, Josephtan, Ormantum, Reatilber Soclistice, Salanernterthwazva, Ritterdorf, Tyranogorgon, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, VichyFrance, Jersatia, Pollariaua, Zelkia, Venkara, Yuthorin, The United Empire States, Zalodia, Palancia, Trischoczlovakia, Rupp, Leverestia, Norddriki, Zokada, Balkan Vojvodina, Valltoria, Progeria, Of NUGE, Metania-Sol, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Vivandera, Fliesa, Carlusinia, Silvaterrana, Carter Land, Ardedezarist, Fredonion, Bawnnmore, Pontusia, Ancapistanpart2, Northe Pangaea, Heisenbee, Leon Bloom, ZOO288, Serbianistan, Secular Soverign Republics, and 17 others.Wolfen Union, Davnar, YoungGunners, American Kingships, Coloniesia, Han Solo land, Klixia, Ierna, Jasmi, Jatma, Dermsie area, Marjah, Reignment, Decanter, Eitteri, British Charlevia, and Concol.