The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 12.938 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 83.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 1,989 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 153,771 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing, all footpaths have tollbooths, and pro-wrestling bouts open with a legal disclaimer insisting that any violence is guaranteed 100% faked. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, pro-wrestling bouts open with a legal disclaimer insisting that any violence is guaranteed 100% faked.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Runegeistians.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the nation leads New Western Empire in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue".
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Runegeist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Angea, Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Geektopia, Big Boys Woolies, Kingdom of Montana, O-BrokiPuppet, The Evile Empire, Bietzopolis, New Cesorion, Pac Viridion, Gliesetonia, Josephtan, Ormantum, Drifterica, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Kycker, Ierna, Salanernterthwazva, Calponia, Laureland, Ritterdorf, Tyranogorgon, Anglo Slumania, Banana Man154, Opek, Laurennia, Ravennog, The MiniNation, Dependants, Vidor, Tokiff, Empire of Bentopia, Mjopolis, Hidden the Artic, Federated anarchic communes, Obliquity, Dimokratikos Enclave, Tibus Heth, HAVENLY MARK, Bellane, New Jakobly, Pragique, MNI, Communaccord, Astaine, The United States of Columbia, Asterdel, Marsius Xadrius, and 22 others.Risastorstein, The Federation of Soviet, Adomiana, Caerek, Tahmoor, Barlonatar, Greatest pimps, Zimpire, Esta Ostad, AICTAIY, El Reyno Mexicano, Palancia, Cheesecakeastan, Hulldom, The Cascade Regions, Hydraic Empire, North Starklandia, The United Republic Of Federal Kingdoms, Mardon, Ortasvia, Sajakawa, and The Traditional States.