The Democratic States of Rwikida is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 189 million Rwikidans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 62.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Rwikidan economy, worth 5.05 trillion Tammen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 26,740 Tammen, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Autopsies often involve only cursory examination, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, large areas of Rwikida are not accessible by the public, and national chefs believe that you can eat anything so long as you deep fry it first. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rwikida's national animal is the Gazelle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rwikida was endorsed by The Federation of Athontia.
- : Rwikida was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Rwikida was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Rwikida was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kachikawawa.
- : Following new legislation in Rwikida, national chefs believe that you can eat anything so long as you deep fry it first.
- : Following new legislation in Rwikida, large areas of Rwikida are not accessible by the public.
- : Rwikida was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Rwikida, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial.
- : Following new legislation in Rwikida, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Following new legislation in Rwikida, politicians have seen a significant reduction in followers on their social media accounts.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, Krystalveil, Dustwind, Kuriko, Anisopterra, Ignis Cinere, Namakan, Evertopia, The Republic of Osea, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, and Athontia.