The Democratic Republic of Sabalt is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Scepter K with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 5.765 billion Sabaltarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Septa. The average income tax rate is 72.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sabaltian economy, worth 489 trillion Munies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 84,949 Munies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, the true length of the coastline of Sabalt may never be measured, healthcare workers are flummoxed over the spike in foreign tourists with sudden-onset heart disease, and excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sabalt's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Nomuraism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sabalt was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, healthcare workers are flummoxed over the spike in foreign tourists with sudden-onset heart disease.
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, the true length of the coastline of Sabalt may never be measured.
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, census workers are having a hard time figuring out who is actually living in Sabalt after the ban on emigration was lifted.
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, many friends and relatives of Scepter K have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
- : Sabalt's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Sabalt, the government terminates employment with extreme prejudice.
- : Sabalt was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.