The Commonwealth of Sable Space is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, soft-spoken computers, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 617 million Sables love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Martopolis. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sable economy, worth 61.7 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is 99,933 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
SS-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, Air Sable Space is rumored to receive more government funding than the Sable Air Force, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sable Space's national animal is the sable, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, Air Sable Space is rumored to receive more government funding than the Sable Air Force.
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, SS-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Sable Space was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, Leader is considering changing the Sable flag to one with more glitter.
- : Sable Space voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, builders across Sable Space are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university.
- : Following new legislation in Sable Space, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Marinho Islands, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Beepee, Holota, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Concrete Slab, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, Belschaft, Treir, Land Without Shrimp, Scu Greinne, Rebel-topia, Bawkie, Greater Scottdascoda, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Libedistan, Wehraboos, Aumeltopia, Westenhald, Jehenna, Sedunn, Erinor, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, LadyRebels, Ceutalia, Ipugao, Yeses, Lyland, Carrelie, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, Auphelia, Crystal Creation, Ebonhand, Amerion, Arizona2, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Direwolf1, Kaoia, Tsvetania, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, Beblahbleblo, and 22 others.Rhetiaa, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Holy Free, Vicken, New Sanet, The Kies, Anatasha, United States of Belvaria, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, Nyxonia, Kiani, New Plant, Nowa Europa, Drystar, BlazeFirexd, and Indolos.