|Leader||The Tiniest Elephant Ever|
The Dark Dominion of Sakurisa is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by The Tiniest Elephant Ever with an iron fist, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, anti-smoking policies, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.574 billion Sakurisans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Administration and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corisnia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 54.2%.
The powerhouse Sakurisan economy, worth 752 trillion Sakurisan Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 135,056 Sakurisan Marks, with the richest citizens earning 6.1 times as much as the poorest.
Astronomers are flocking to Sakurisa to take advantage of its clear night skies, uprooting flowers for religious ceremonies is a felony, colonial subjects have Sakurisan culture shoved down their throats, and withdrawal of support for drug addicts is leaving many with cold sweats. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Sakurisa's national animal is the Griffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Chaos.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sakurisa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Sakurisa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Sakurisa lodged a message on the Coristno Regional Message Board.
- : Sakurisa updated the World Factbook entry in Coristno.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, withdrawal of support for drug addicts is leaving many with cold sweats.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, colonial subjects have Sakurisan culture shoved down their throats.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, uprooting flowers for religious ceremonies is a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, astronomers are flocking to Sakurisa to take advantage of its clear night skies.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, it is technically inaccurate to call the dead 'worm food'.
- : Sakurisa's influence in Coristno rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".