|Leader||The Tiniest Elephant Ever|
The Dark Dominion of Sakurisa is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by The Tiniest Elephant Ever with an iron fist, and renowned for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.266 billion Sakurisans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order, Administration, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corisnia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 56.2%.
The powerhouse Sakurisan economy, worth 875 trillion Sakurisan Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 139,674 Sakurisan Marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 506,003 per year while the poor average 27,487, a ratio of 18.4 to 1.
People are bored of easy crossword puzzles, the fate of the world literally rests on The Tiniest Elephant Ever's fingers, The Tiniest Elephant Ever claims to know what infants are thinking, and extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Sakurisa's national animal is the Griffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Chaos.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sakurisa's influence in Icor rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Sakurisa's influence in Icor rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sakurisa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout and Most Avoided and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian and Highest Economic Output.
- : Sakurisa's influence in Icor rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Sakurisa published "A frog." (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, The Tiniest Elephant Ever claims to know what infants are thinking.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, the fate of the world literally rests on The Tiniest Elephant Ever's fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles.
- : Following new legislation in Sakurisa, children are encouraged to fail at school so as not to appear too enlightened.