|Leader||President Ellis Davidson|
The Republic of Salq is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Ellis Davidson with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.228 billion Salqans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Merric. The average income tax rate is 33.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Salqian economy, worth 172 trillion Maldeqs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,279 Maldeqs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores, they say that Salqans made a dessert and called it peace, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Salq's national animal is the Dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Salq's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Salq relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Salq, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Salq, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- : Following new legislation in Salq, they say that Salqans made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Following new legislation in Salq, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Salq altered its national flag.
- : Salq was refounded in Balder.
- : Salq ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Salq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.