|Leader||Emperor Samual I|
The Mercantile Coalition League of Samuelstani is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Samual I with an iron fist, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, public floggings, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 12.808 billion Samuelstanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Svastian City. The average income tax rate is 4.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Samuelstanian economy, worth a remarkable 5,276 trillion Puppies a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 411,964 Puppies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, prison officers are bribed not to take bribes, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber, and cars are banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Samuelstani's national animal is the Emperor Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Samuelstani was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, cars are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, prison officers are bribed not to take bribes.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, practising saying 'how now brown cow' is an essential part of holiday planning.
- : Following new legislation in Samuelstani, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Katkasistan, Mousebumples, Beriwen, Gooblaria, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Akeland, Almendron, Wollastonite, Le Libertia, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Arqhua, Trackeendy, Free Rosabell, Estanglia, Brickfield, Corbien, Genistan, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Purgitz, Arvigiel, Yugarritia, Pentisia, Greatnessity City, Polgaria, Voxum Mortalum, Ipsonasia, Poquaoi, Acapais, Zakanda, New Ryloth, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Purple Ruthenia, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Thurston, Ajaccino, Koroniti, Kingdom of Stargard, Corovos, West Wirral, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Taskete, and 38 others.Tassaland, Pakistan 55, Algamonzimt, Penlopa, Primorye Oblast, ShadyStans, Sablania, Andradus, New France Republic, Union Lysk, Pygania, Ganud, Geektopia, Pland Adanna, Gressemphe, Arrowlandia, The Democratic Peoples, Romanengo City, Euramericasia, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, Illyrda, Patriotic Poland, Sudmar Island, Deliber, The Republic of IceIceJay, Caprinia, The Lost Men, Zakronia, Lurinsk, Eyeshland, Guatemalan Corsica, Fruitful, Euperis, Disney Know it Alls, and Ecolaria.