The Empire of San Castillo is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 331 million Hippies are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shangri La. The average income tax rate is 73.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Hippie economy, worth 17.4 trillion Pépins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. Average income is 52,647 Pépins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state, and Mr Happy's Funland has just been named San Castillo's new capital. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. San Castillo's national animal is the Tropical Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Castillo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : San Castillo was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : San Castillo was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : San Castillo changed its national capital to "Shangri La".
- : Following new legislation in San Castillo, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named San Castillo's new capital.
- : San Castillo altered its national flag.
- : San Castillo endorsed The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : San Castillo endorsed The Bitdefender of The Atlae Isles.
- : San Castillo was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : San Castillo was endorsed by The Bitdefender of The Atlae Isles.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Chalan, The Three States of Fortuna, H-Zhena, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Staynes, Zukchiva, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Asendavia, Mays Austrian Nation, Ridann, Unger under over, Pakitsk, Wanabe, The Almighty Country, Elejamie, Goodnamesarerare, A Slanted Black Stripe, Evrigenis, Dark Edgyness, Oofery, Stellar Colonies, Raunch, Aivintis, Sovietsoyuz, Technocratic Tagalog, Coruh, Modra, Wiranath, Libertanny, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, and Refuge Isle.