|Leader||Erik The Blue|
The Grand Duchy of Saxemburg is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Erik The Blue with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 780 million Saxemburgians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Lemberg. The average income tax rate is 68.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Saxemburgish economy, worth 82.9 trillion Pawns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,344 Pawns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has legalised small-scale capitalism, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces", and buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saxemburg's national animal is the Pheasant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saxemburg, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Saxemburg, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces".
- : Saxemburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Saxemburg, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
- : Saxemburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Saxemburg, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism.
- : Saxemburg was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Saxemburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Saxemburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Following new legislation in Saxemburg, autocrats are persona non grata.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Dome Artan, Corydo, The Southeast Earth, Kantobliv, Druing, Isansland, Red Draconia, Nausta, The German Kaiserliche Union, Libate, Ozzie, Jebbias, Balaii, South Acadia, Gadsen Republic, The Federated Republic of Enschede, Blurabling, Chad4437457345875353, Federal Republic Of America And The Cari, Davinmark, Pytong, Waroklion, Prorescia, Naasiat Nuna, Llanic, Kingdom of Sacento, Stateazar, Neo-Arctica, Zenoth, Vastronia, New Alsterdam, Fortuna Union, Dreaken, Meckburgia, Duckstan, Odredlia, Kongers, We The People Gouvernor, Second United States Republic, Empire of Snagon V2, United Counties of the Midwest, Jdjdjd, La Virtaj Homoj, Coltick, Gregroria, Aureliusk, Lucidum, Nova Avaloniastan, Sounia Vock Sillak, 2nd Republic of Spain, and 14 others.Orholt, Drawception, Cland Dec, Carecao, Krackovja, Ninrook, Ocraita, Dusendord, S2p1729, Dawnsland, Amir2, Zemona, Guaianases, and Celestial Myriad Charm.