|Leader||Erwin Agustus Sacschen von Zenzefer III|
The Dual Monarchy of Scherzinger is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Erwin Agustus Sacschen von Zenzefer III with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 6.714 billion Scherzingerians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ShangXiang. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Scherzingerian economy, worth a remarkable 1,292 trillion Deutsche Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 192,447 Deutsche Yen, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 867,959 per year while the poor average 26,276, a ratio of 33.0 to 1.
Clandestine emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scherzinger's national animal is the Vulture, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scherzinger voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Scherzinger voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Following new legislation in Scherzinger, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Scherzinger was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in Scherzinger, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Scherzinger, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops.
- : Following new legislation in Scherzinger, clandestine emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Scherzinger, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Scherzinger was endorsed by The Republic of East Skirsburg.
- : Scherzinger lodged a message on the New West Indies Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Karteria, Subadent, Central Birdland, Funky Goats, Celestiam, Agrocragoria, Achipel, The kingdoms of Austranisia, Insurgia, Gallaton, Ryanius, Four Sicilys, and East Skirsburg.