The Republic of Schudentag is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 630 million Schudentagians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Administration, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vennensag. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Schudentagian economy, worth 75.2 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 119,313 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 415,012 per year while the poor average 24,997, a ratio of 16.6 to 1.
Citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, elected officials often serve for decades in a single term, veterans' meet-ups involve a lot of tail sniffing, and grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Schudentag's national animal is the shark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them.
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, veterans' meet-ups involve a lot of tail sniffing.
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, elected officials often serve for decades in a single term.
- : Schudentag was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, the statue in the Parker Plaza has a solar panel for a hat.
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, distrust of taps has many people bathing only with bottled mineral water.
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, artists attempt to convince the Hardship Fund that their unmade bed is a masterpiece.
- : Following new legislation in Schudentag, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews.
- : Schudentag voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
Endorsements Received: 33 » Wysrod, Clialaad, The Fortem, Galimania, Valentian Elysium, S Mova Derat, United States of Island land, Isentran, Megistos, Silvedania, The Galactic American Imperium, Pianaville, Makykay, Solsevara, Onfande, Holma, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Maconshinbernititte, Richmondroads, Samonaemia, Namakan, Vivolkha, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Batona, Alemputo, Saint Islaw Wra, and Liberdon.