The Republic of Scostien is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Nicolas Sturgeon with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, pith helmet sales, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 978 million Scostienians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of flýr fallain. The average income tax rate is 83.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Scostienian economy, worth 100 trillion Perhams a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 102,538 Perhams, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Scostien, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises, and it's rare to find an unchewed pencil. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scostien's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scostien was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Scostien was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Scostien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Scostien, it's rare to find an unchewed pencil.
- : Scostien was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Scostien was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Greater New Cassandra.
- : Scostien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Scostien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Following new legislation in Scostien, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises.
- : Following new legislation in Scostien, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Scostien.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Evrigenis, Zukchiva, Ridann, VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Modra, Republic of Berzerkistan, Axdel, Todd McCloud, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Asendavia, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Oofery, Aivintis, Technocratic Tagalog, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, and The Atlae Isles.