The Technocracy of Scrisix is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Σομαηνως with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 3.258 billion Scrisixis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Insulam Socrates. The average income tax rate is 84.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Scrisixian economy, worth 723 trillion Quid a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 222,078 Quid, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, Scrisixian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, Scrisix's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones. Crime is totally unknown. Scrisix's national animal is the Racoon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, Scrisix's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, Scrisixian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect.
- : Scrisix was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Scrisix changed its national motto to "Live long and prosper".
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Scrisix was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Scrisix, friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Sanjikurisa, Whymattica, Takura, Kitherun, Levont, Altino, Dawcreek, Clantias, EyeSeePeeDude, Dardenomis, Laniron, Ghad, Democratically chosen Tyranny, Bitty Kitty, Democratic Republic of Appomattox, The German unity of nigeria, Republic of Fayette, John Constantine, HappyGatekeeper, The Wayfarer, Boston Harbor, Fuzzbuckets, Zalidia, and Mega Jorts.