The Kingdom of Scutum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its aversion to nipples, parental licensing program, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, devout population of 12.613 billion Scutumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scutum City. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The powerhouse Scutumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,139 trillion Scuts a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 90,318 Scuts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Gossip magazines have pictures of Leader sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, and older citizens lament over the loss of law and order. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scutum's national animal is the Nightygale, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scutum endorsed The Empire of Kyros the Overlord.
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Scutum was endorsed by The Empire of Kyros the Overlord.
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Scutum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
Endorsements Received: 21 » Rigels Light, Wayneactia, Necrozia, Tethys 13, Aragon AI, Dhaeland, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Lukatonia, Dres Van, Jamil Federations, North Newlandishforth, Wymondham, Theimpaler, Uncute, Helperness, Kervewth, Valerievna, Thrallos, Frinotonia, Nonait, and Kyros the Overlord.