The Disputed Territories of Scythestan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 357 million Scythestanians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 67.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Scythestanian economy, worth 7.40 trillion scythemarks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 20,733 scythemarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School uniforms are compulsory, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scythestan's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scythestan was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Scythestan was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Scythestan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Republic of Osea.
- : Scythestan's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Scythestan, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Scythestan, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Following new legislation in Scythestan, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes.
- : Scythestan was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Scythestan, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Scythestan was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 24 » Valentian Elysium, Kuriko, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Achiotopia, Grungerock, Mat She, Old Tryst, The Snake Brotherhood, Martunra, New Fania, Mozaic, Krystalveil, Dustwind, Leprechaun Gold, Evertopia, Anisopterra, Ascended Union, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, and Bortheria.