The Republic of Sea Snake is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Serpent King with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, triple-decker prams, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 6.693 billion Sea Snakeans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sea. The average income tax rate is 39.0%.
The thriving Sea Snakean economy, worth 613 trillion Gold Coins a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 91,697 Gold Coins, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Top-shelf magazines feature risqué centrefold spreads of ladies' wrists, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, and rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sea Snake's national animal is the Sea Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Serpent Blessings.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sea Snake's influence in Feudal Japan rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sea Snake resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Sea Snake, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Sea Snake was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Sea Snake's influence in Feudal Japan rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sea Snake's influence in Feudal Japan rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sea Snake's influence in Feudal Japan rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Sea Snake's influence in Feudal Japan rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Sea Snake endorsed The Shinobi of The Shadow Warrior.
- : Sea Snake relocated from The Northeast Pacific to Feudal Japan.