The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 24.435 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is solely concerned with Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Sedgistani economy, worth 513 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. Average income is 20,996 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 135,324 per year while the poor average 1,316, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Tumbleweeds made of litter adorn city streets, people say that smog must be good for you because of its healthy green colour, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM, and ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Sedgistani pirates. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Sedgistani pirates.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM.
- : Sedgistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, people say that smog must be good for you because of its healthy green colour.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, tumbleweeds made of litter adorn city streets.
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Christian Democrats".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, lonely people are supposed to be cheered up by the many parties that they are never invited to.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, the morbidly obese often sell stock options on their own corpses.
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Parvani.