The Constitutional Monarchy of Selfide is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 382 million Selfideans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while International Aid receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Camera. The average income tax rate is 26.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Selfidean economy, worth 30.5 trillion Selfies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 79,905 Selfies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the inside lane of every highway is for parked vehicles only, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Selfide's national animal is the Teenager, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Selfide was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Selfide was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Selfide was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Lantzalot.
- : Selfide was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Bailsland.
- : Selfide was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Selfide, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Following new legislation in Selfide, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Following new legislation in Selfide, the inside lane of every highway is for parked vehicles only.
- : Following new legislation in Selfide, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Selfide, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Wysrod, Kuriko, Ehrgeizig, The Soylent Green Party, Krystalveil, Ignis Cinere, Valentian Elysium, Waitiki, Johnne Green, Kachikawawa, Anisopterra, Zog Imperialis, Evertopia, Anarchals, Tamsalin, The Republic of Osea, Bortheria, Thyndra, Nemohsis, Zinzdan, The Holy Cutlery Empire, Marxist Germany, Jimjam Goober, Zeklandia, Point Comfort Colony, Bailsland, Lantzalot, and HumanSanity.