|Leader||Prime Minister Traivut|
The Kingdom of Siam of Seri Sayam is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Traivut with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.838 billion Thais enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bangkok. The average income tax rate is 28.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Thai economy, worth 361 trillion Baht a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is 74,755 Baht, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
No one is quite sure what many government officials look like, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seri Sayam's national animal is the Elephant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seri Sayam's influence in Sunrise rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Seri Sayam updated the World Factbook entry in Sunrise.
- : Seri Sayam lodged a message on the Sunrise Regional Message Board.
- : Seri Sayam's influence in Sunrise rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Seri Sayam's influence in Sunrise rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Seri Sayam's influence in Sunrise rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Seri Sayam published "Ship Classes (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Seri Sayam's influence in Sunrise rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Allied States of SUNRISE FOUNDERS appointed Seri Sayam as Dawn with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Sunrise.
- : Seri Sayam's influence in Sunrise rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".