|Leader||Prime Minister Hacker|
The Constitutional Monarchy of Sericena is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Hacker with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.255 billion Sericenans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Sericenan economy, worth 179 trillion cenas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 143,414 cenas, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?", and every week is blindness awareness week. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sericena's national animal is the panther, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sericena was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?".
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Sericena endorsed The Cartographer Guy of Staynes.
- : Sericena withdrew its endorsement from The Don't Endorse Me of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, CSI Forest is this year's hit new crime show.
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.
- : Following new legislation in Sericena, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
Endorsements Received: 49 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Roissyland, Dreshand, Bachtendekuppen, Fedele, Pakitsk, Davelands, Hizuru, Pulmonaria, Republic of Berzerkistan, Brotherland, Axdel, Kucia, Ridann, The Sacred Whale, Marrico, Merlovich, Neruch, Socialist Holy American Empire, Arkantis, Shantan, Wiranath, VW53Aland, Tim Stark, Solarfall, Bullpups, Thyaclinia, Enlil, Federated States of Zootron, The Angel of Charity, Roliganistan, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Aelitia, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, Stellar Colonies, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, Am Echad, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, Opossum Slayer, and Kangarawa.