The Republic of Seventeen Islands is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 623 million Seventeen Islandsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Isle d'Etat. The average income tax rate is 48.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Seventeen Islandsian economy, worth 52.9 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,986 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content, and genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seventeen Islands's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seventeen Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Seventeen Islands, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Seventeen Islands, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content.
- : Following new legislation in Seventeen Islands, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Following new legislation in Seventeen Islands, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Seventeen Islands was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Grov Portion.
- : Seventeen Islands was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Seventeen Islands was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Seventeen Islands was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Seventeen Islands was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Clialaad, Salxeburg, Nouravalan, South Eastern Centralia, Off God Islands, Aexnidaral, Terra Potestatem, Eloscape, Twilight Ways, Volkovica, Liberepublia, Saarland-Niederbayern, Desrouleaux, Mancheseva City, Purgitz, Pirataria, Raghallaigh, Poquaoi, Arvigiel, New Peoples Empire, Sophos Saltus, Le Libertia, Acapais, Morongia, Lethen, Serpahima, Caffeinated, The Democratic Peoples, Purple Ruthenia, New Sickled, Cortlandt Manor, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Murden, Asian Hatia, Ikheria, Gvunaz, Upper Prestina, United-Marrshmallows, The United Peoples of Centrism, Thurston, Mikkazuki, Deathfall, Brickfield, Ipsonasia, Kingdom of Stargard, Chungus World, Androxis, Baobab-Bumbaria, and Grov Portion.