The Weirding ways of Shadow and Rage is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.936 billion Shadow and Rageans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 65.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Shadow and Ragean economy, worth 46.6 trillion Rages a year, is highly specialized and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 2,751 Rages, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Shadow and Rage's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Shadow and Rage was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Hope and Glory of Ravania Ultra, curing 1 million infected.
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 10% for Most Dead.
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors and the Top 10% for Most Zombies.
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Shadow and Rage relocated from Balder to Vlaanderen.